History of the Pharmacy of the Incurables
The Incurables’ Monumental Complex is an astonishing building that dates back to 1522. The structure, a recovery place in Baroque style, includes some of the most important pharmaceutical labratories, among which a miliarstone in the history of Neapolitan scientific field: The Incurables’ Pharmacy. It was built around 1740 and 1760, in order to host all the sick people and take care of them through medicins, poisonsand whatever could heal them soon. Founder of this caritative work, was Maria Longo, a Catalan aristocratic woman who, stroke by a bad disease, decided to dedicate herself to the all incurable people. Soon, this project became a big and functional hospital, where all the biggest exponents of the Neapolitan society came up to visit it.