On stage from July 26 to August 7, 2017 with free admission, the itinerant show that will take place in the most suggestive places of the renowned town of Amalfi Coast.
With fourteen shows featuring contemporary, Italian and foreign dramaturgy, the Positano Teatro Festival – Annibale Ruccello Award, reaches its XIV edition and, from 26 July to 7 August 2017, will warm up the summer nights of one of the most impressive and magnificent villages of the coast.
Sponsored by the Municipality of Positano, the event has given the opportunity, throughout all editions, to know previously unknown places of the city, thanks to an itinerant formula that was extremely successful. The performances will be housed in six enchanting places: Piazzale della Chiesa Madre, Piazzetta della Chiesa Nuova, Piazzetta di Montepertuso, Belvedere di Nocelle, Borgo di Liparlati, La Garitta.
“Laught, reflect, be moved is always been the slogan that characterizes the Positano Teatro Festival,” says the artist director of festival, Gerardo D’Andrea “in choosing the shows, follow those, which are for me, the key features to passionate the public “.
The 14th edition will tell you, through three of the titles in the program, the path of a dramaturgy that sees as the protagonists three great authors who have made transgression their stylistic mark: the dandy Oscar Wilde, with his own life scandalized the Victorian England, the Franco-Algerian Jean Genet, his surreal dramaturgy mirrored his borderline life, and Annibale Ruccello, the playwright, actor, and neapolitan director. The festival is named after him, one of the main voices of the late twentieth century, bringing to the theater the provocation and the horror of contemporaneity.
The Annibale Ruccello Award 2017 this year is won from a great performer of theater and song Lina Sastri, who will inaugurate this show thursday, dedicating to Positano a short tribute to music and prose with two monologues of Filumena Marturano.
All shows are free until seats are exhausted. For information and reservations call: +39335-8185695 – +39089-8122535 – +39380-4932026, or write to [email protected].
Full program for Positano Teatro Festival
- Wednesday, July 26th at 6pm – in the streets of the city center the folkloric group Positano Senza Tiempo with performance of popular music and dance ‘Free free. Tutt’e sere free’. At 20:45 – Church of the Mother Church – ‘Trullo’ by Diego Sommaripa short theatrical and then official inauguration of the Festival with the delivery of the Annibale Award Ruccello 2017 to Lina Sastri that will dedicate to Positano a tribute to music and prose.
- Thursday, July 27, at 9 pm – Piazzetta di Montepertuso – ‘Oscar Wilde, the process of and with Roberto Azzurro with Pietro Pignatelli and Alessio Marchetti. Musical accompaniment performed by pianist Rebecca Lou Guerra.
- Friday, July 28 at 21:00 – Borgo di Liparlati – “Bella da Morire” by Antonio Mocciola, directed by Fabio Brescia with Rosaria De Cicco.
- Saturday, July 29, at 20:30 – La Garitta locality – ‘Ufficio parole smarrite’, a show for children and young people staged by the Baule Theater group.
- Sunday, July 30, at 9 pm – Piazzetta di Nocelle – ‘Sfogliatelle and other love stories’ with chansonnier Massimo Masiello in a theatrical musical trail on the artist Neapolitan Ria Rosa. Masiello will be accompanied by Lalla Esposito’s voice.
- Monday 31 July at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – ‘Mamma’ by Annibale Ruccello, with Antonella Morea directed by Gerardo D’Andrea.
- Tuesday, August 1, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – Requiem for two serves inspired by the drama Les Bonnes by Jean Genet, translated in Neapolitan by and with Fabio Brescia, Stefano Ariota and Giuseppe Cantore.
- Wednesday, August 2, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – ‘Nunzio’ by Spiro Scimone and Francesco Sframeli directed by Carlo Cecchi.
- Thursday, August 3, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Chiesa Nuova – Evening of Honor for Paolo Graziosi.
- Friday, August 4, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – The Five Roses of Jennifer by Annibale Ruccello, signed by Peppe Miale, with Ernesto Lama and Elisabetta d’Acunzo.
- Saturday, August 5, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Chiesa Nuova -‘Cantami o Diva’ by Carmine Borrino who mixes Greek tragedy and Neapolitan script with Monica Sarnelli, Carmine Borrino, Giorgio Pinto and Giusy Freccia. Live music performed by Mariano Bellopede.
- Sunday, August 6, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – The Dogs and the Wolves and music by Paolo Coletta, drawn from the same novel by Irène Nemirovsky, with Martina Carpi, Salvatore D’Onofrio, Giacinto Palmarini and Annalisa Renzulli.
- Monday, August 7, at 9 pm – Piazzetta della Nuova Chiesa – “Ass Fenomenology or the suckers of the lawsuit” by Massimo Andrei, author and interpreter on stage.