35 days, 80 events, 10 sections
Last June 5 in Piazza del Plebiscito, an enthusiastic crowd of about thirty thousand people applauded Franco Battiato during the free concert Luce del sud. The concert was the opening of the tenth edition of Napoli Teatro Festival Italia 2017.
The event will be a journey through art and culture that will last until July 10. Thirty-five days of shows, concerts, cinema, dance and literature. It will take place in the most beautiful places of Naples, spreading in many beautiful Campania sites such as the Great theater of Pompei. The doors of Palazzo Reale, Donnaregina, Villa Pignatelli, Castel Capuano and the theaters of San Carlo, Bellini, Sannazzaro, Nuovo, Trianon will be open to people to host performances and concerts.
News about prices too, a ticket price of 8 Euros,In order to catch the youngest the under 30 will pay only 5 Euros.
The 80 events will be organized by the Festival Campania Foundation, cut into 10 sections:
- Italian shows: performances of the most important names of the italian theater like Luca Zingaretti, Alessandro Preziosi, Fabrizio Gifuni, Cristina Comencini and Luca Brabareschi will perform. On stage are the great classics such as Malvagi by Dostoevsky, directed by Alfonso Santagata. Enzo Moscato, on the other hand, will bring a free interpretation of the work of Edgar Lee Masters, the Spoon River Anthology.
- International performances: many artists, including Jan Fabre with Belgian Rules, an absolute opening on 1 and 2 July. Angelica Liddell will also debut with Genesis 6, 6-7, the third chapter of his work on the Infinite on June 17 and 18. Dimitris Papaioannou will present The Great Tamer on 23 and 24 June in Naples, the only Italian show and the first of a long international tour.
- Training Section: It will give space to the relationship between Masters and young talents. The world’s leading artists such as Eimuntas Nekrosius, Peter Brook, Marie-Hélène Estienne and Tomi Janežič will arrive in Naples to share their knowledge with actors, directors and screenwriters throughout the region, while Bruno Leone, Maurizio Capone, Laura Curino, Elena Bucci, Enzo Marangelo, Andrea Renzi, Spiro Scimone and Francesco Sframeli, will open their labs to 190 young Italian and foreign students.
- Cinema Section: it will be manage in collaboration with the Festivaletteratura of Mantova and it will propose films never distributed in Italy, dedicated to the great writers and poets of the world.
- Exhibitions Section: theater and cinema showrooms will be set up by Italian costumers such as Piero Tosi, Maurizio Millenotti, Gabriella Pescucci and Carlo Poggioli.
- Music Section: it will show the shapes when music take part of the theatrical. After Battiato night there will be the performances of Enzo Avitabile at Donnaregina Nuova and Peppe Servillo with Ensemble Berlin in Amalfi, Benevento, Avellino and Caserta.
- Observatory Section: it will be dedicated to private groups and new generations that struggle to find their own space in the current cultural landscape.
- SportOpera Section: The athletic gesture is considered to be a physical variation of art that and at the same time deals with the deep dynamics of the human being. That is why with this section is born an experimental laboratory, but also an observatory where style exercises are proposed on the relationship between sport and art.
- Literature Section: ten meetings where actors and poets will read some literary passages. Villa Pignatelli will host a library dedicated to poetry and jam-session
- Dance Section: The most important companies will perform in different categories. From Italian baroque to modern and experimental shows. Tradition with take part with Neapolitan tammurriate.
A large space will be reserved for Special Projects: provocations like “attori in vetrina”, or performances on classical theater will play a key role. The Globe (s) at Shakespeare will transform the spaces of Bellini in Naples to accommodate six Bardo titles directed by Andrea De Rosa, Giuseppe Miale Di Mauro, Gabriele Russo, Francesco Saponaro, Serena Sinigaglia, Emanuele Valenti.
In the project “quartieri di vita”, reflecting on the social role of art, an amphitheater in San Giovanni a Teduccio will host the comedy “gli onesti della banda”, freely written by Mario Scarpetta, Age and Scarpelli. The whole program of the tenth edition of NTFI 2017 will bond with the other major cities of Campania with specific productions: Salerno will be associated with the theme of water, Benevento with fire, Caserta air, Avellino earth.
Not only Naples, but the whole of Campania, for the months of June and July, will wear the glittering colors of the theater.