From the airport to the city
The Naples International Airport, also known as Capodichino Airport, is the only city airport in Naples and it is one of the most important airports of the southern Italy. It is very connected to the city by the Naples public transportation system.
There are two bus lines from Capodichino airport to the city center::
- 3S line is an urban bus with several busstops around the city, including one in Capodichino Airport, one in the Central Station and one near Piazza Municipio.
- Alibus is a shuttle bus that only goes from Capodichino Airport to the city center, without other busstops. Alibus line has departures every 20 minutes.
It takes about 15 minutes to reach Naples city center from Capodichino without traffic.
Here you can download Alibus Schedules:
- ALIBUS from Capodichino Airport to Central Station (p. Garibaldi)
- ALIBUS from Via Arenaccia to Central Station (p. Garibaldi)
- ALIBUS from Central Station (p. Garibaldi) to p.zza Municipio
- ALIBUS from p.zza Municipio to Central Station (p. Garibaldi)
- ALIBUS from Central Station (p. Garibaldi) to Capodichino Airport
- ALIBUS from piazza Nazionale to Capodichino Airport
How to go around Naples with public transport
The public transportation system of Naples is operated by two companies and includes city buses, funicular lines, regional buses, Metro Lines 1, 2 and 6, Circumvesuviana, Circumfegrei and Cumana train lines.
You can travel with all of these within the city limit, using a Unico ticket or TIC ticket.
There are also ticket to reach specific zones of the province of Naples, they are valid in the city too.
What kind of ticket i have to buy?
- Hourly ticket – costs €1.50 and it lasts 90 minutes from the time the ticket is validated
- Daily ticket – costs €4.50 and it lasts until midnight of the day the ticket is validated
- Weekly ticket – costs €15.80 and it lasts until midnight of the last day of the week of validity
- Monthly ticket – costs €42.00 and it lasts until midnight of the last day of the month of validity
Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly tickets can be purchased at tobacco shop (tabaccheria) or newspaper stands. There are ticket machines at many of the railway, metro and cable railway stations as well as at selected bus stops throughout the city.
How to reach Pompeii?
You can go to Pompeii and Herculaneum from Naples taking a Circumvesuviana train in Napoli Centrale station.
The ticket to Herculaneum costs 2,50€, the ticket to Pompeii costs 3,20€.
The station of Herculaneum archelogical area is “Ercolano Scavi”, the station of Pompeii archelogical area is “Pompei Scavi, Villa dei Misteri”.
How to reach Amalfi coast?
With Circumvesuviana train you can reach Sorrento from Naples too. the ticket costs 4,50€.
To reach Amalfi coast from Naples you can take a normal train from Naples to Salerno. The ticket costs 10€ and the ride takes about 40 minutes. From Salerno you can reach all the towns of Amalfi coast taking SITA buses (Salerno Public trapsortation System).